Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Cochrane TRIVIA 23 years 3 months ago #15010

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Actually Pat, I remember that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cochrane TRIVIA 23 years 3 months ago #15011

• schlog
IT SAID GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU

Cochrane TRIVIA 23 years 3 months ago #15012

• schlog
THANKS COOP . MS RAYE MADE A HELL OF AN IMPRESSION ON ME AS WELL AS A LOT OF OTHERS I'M SURE . I REALLY REMEMBER HER THE BEST THO , SERVING US CHOW IN THAT OVERSIZED SET OF WHITES (PROBABLY BOGSTADS) WITH THE GREAT BIG SMILE SHE HAD.
IS MY MEMORY FAILING AGAIN BUT DIDN'T SHE COME ABOARD 2 - 3 TIMES ?

Cochrane TRIVIA 23 years 3 months ago #15013

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I think so. She came aboard when we were on station in the Gulf, and also when we got back to Pearl. She made a real impact on me too. The picture in the 66 cruisebook showed her in the messhall with Bogstat and a guy named James. I was sitting on the other side of the table with them. I guess whoever took the picture didn't figure there was enough room in the picture for her mouth and my nose.

Cochrane TRIVIA 23 years 3 months ago #15014

• wes carroll
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Now ain't this a bitch. Is my memory wrong? I don't remember any God Bless You. I could be wrong though. I remember it as To the officers and men of USS Cochrane, with love, Martha Raye. I have pictures of her when she came to see us in Pearl. I stated in a post some time ago it was both her and my birthdays, Aug. 27th when she came aboard off Nam. I'm not certain if there was another time or not.

Wes

Cochrane TRIVIA 23 years 3 months ago #15015

• chassny03
Does anyone remember what stars visited the carrier were operating with that August when Martha Raye was onboard. I think the carrier was the Hornet, but I m not sure. I m sure of the entertainers, though. I guess we were lucky she was there, she was primarily an army fan, honorary lt colonel in the greenberet and all that. I think she is actually buried at Ft Bragg, the only civilian. Remember "God Bless you"?? I don t even remember a plaque. She sure took to Bogstad, though

Time to create page: 0.320 seconds