Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Cochrane TRIVIA 23 years 3 months ago #14884

• doty
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
OK, my turn,....does anyone remember why I was in jail at Honolulu?

Dave Doty ETR3 65-67

A.K.A. "Minnow"
(941) 693-3689

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cochrane TRIVIA 23 years 3 months ago #14887

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Damn, I forgot about that, Dave. With a little time, I'll remember. If my memory serves me, didn't you get drunk and tear up a place on Hotel Street. I do remember when you got busted, though.

Cochrane TRIVIA 23 years 3 months ago #14889

• mars21
Doty? You got locked up? no way? How long was the stint? Where you like those "movie" sailors? always in trouble...I could imagine..

Cochrane TRIVIA 23 years 3 months ago #14892

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I want to tell you one thing about Dave. He always got drunk, but he liked to have fun. Everyone liked Dave while we were aboard Cochrane, and I have to say that he was one of those guys that you somehow remember over 35 years. Dave, it sounds like you were a hellraiser. You were, but you were always a great guy to know. I think as much hell as you raised to everyone, you would have raised that much for anyone of your shipmates. Now I sucked up to you, what did you get busted for? Was I right about Hotel street, or was that another time?

Cochrane TRIVIA 23 years 3 months ago #14894

• Sal Cedillo
Miguel....I did read your trivia post, but you must know how bad I'm with dates, and then to attach a location with this date. It would have been serendipitiously astronomical for me to have gussed correctly. I do, however, remember that we were foward deployed and all over the Far East at any given date that I was aboard. I'm glad you remember me as being a guy with a big heart and loyalty to friends and crew. Speaking of Shellbacks, do you know of anyway to replace lost or stolen Shellback scrollls? I guess you would call them scrolls, there were too colorful, intricate and bad ass to be called certificates or what have you, and mine never made it home with my person. Thanks for the pics you sent, and the life long memories that came attached Mike...Gunner Sal

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
On Sept 29,1985 The USS Cochrane DDG21 was at Lat.0000 Longitude 119* 00.00 E. We were crossing the line and spent a few days in Diego Garcia. I'm suprised Sal didn't figure this one out. He save my ass from getting beaten unconcious. I started the day as a Polly wog. ended it with Shell back. What an experience....Wog days have never been the same ever since. It has gotten softer with political correctness. I'll see if I can figure another quiz to post. have a good weekend fellas.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Cochrane TRIVIA 23 years 3 months ago #14898

• leathers
OK Premo,
It looks like no one else is going to tell you where we were Christmas day, 1968. We were becoming Shellbacks at Lat. 000, Long. 160 - 45 - 00. That's one Christmas I'll never forget. I don't remember it being too bad (worse thing I remember was shaving that morning, then getting hosed down with salt water. Boy, did that burn), and I have a lot of pictures of the festivities. I'll try to scan some, and send them in.

Jim

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds