Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Brownsville Pictures 23 years 5 months ago #14573

• dcreed
  • Thank you received: 0
Chief,
I've got a whole bunch of other pictures that I am going to send to John. Hope to have them to him before the end of the weekend.
The ship was in a whole lot better shape than I ever expected. A little rough around the edges, but not over the edge. It's all about money. Cheaper to scrap her than to update technology.

Don Reed
MM2 6/66-11/68

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Brownsville Pictures 23 years 5 months ago #14574

• chassny03
Thanks, Don, makes me happy to see so much ineres(if only by a few) in her. I was surprised by the mess decks; the snipe berthing looked just like it did when it was occupied(hehe). I recall many meals in the general mess, remember the ney awards? I cant wait to see more pictures. You remember btc's seder and town? they were two of the very few plankowners left when i was transferred

Brownsville Pictures 23 years 5 months ago #14575

• dcreed
I remember them both. I remember when Ceder got his hat. He was a hands on BT, even as a chief. His kakhi's always had a liberal amount of fuel oil on them. Cedar was to fuel oil as Bogstad was to food. They both wore their trade from head to toe.
How about Jim Depew, he was my chief. I ran into him 1n 1969 or 70. He was on his sunset cruise, running Special Services at Treasure Island. Had his address for a while as we exchanged Christmas Cards, but lost touch over the years.

Don Reed
MM2 6/66-11/68

Brownsville Pictures 23 years 5 months ago #14576

• wes carroll
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I would have to agree the ship looked better than I expected but it was still sad to see her that way. It bothered my wife also. I was engaged to her when we had a dependence cruise in 66 so she got a ride. She even remembers a few of my shipmates.
Dave I'm still short too, and I also weigh 73 pounds more than I did back then. If I'd known I would live this long I'd have taken better care of myself.
I remember Seder well. I don't care what time of night it was he was always awake it seemed. Always had a smoke and a cup of coffee. He was one hell of a nice guy too.

Brownsville Pictures 23 years 5 months ago #14578

• doty
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Side shot Don. My finger was drunk and you can't have enough Liller Mites

Dave Doty ETR3 65-67

A.K.A. "Minnow"
(941) 693-3689

Brownsville Pictures 23 years 5 months ago #14579

• doty
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
My video came out pretty good. I took a video of Mr. Bowman's old 8MM and surprisingly it too came out. Will transfer to VHS and send to John. He can do his magic on the keyboard and we can all see. I don't have a burner yet

Dave Doty ETR3 65-67

A.K.A. "Minnow"
(941) 693-3689

Time to create page: 0.291 seconds