Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Brownsville Pictures 23 years 4 months ago #14738

• Marc Tuton
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I just wanted to remind all yall sentimental slobs (myself included...) that as I got to go back on her that Monday while all yall were winging (That meens you, too, Sal, in the flyin' red caddy) or driving back to your homes, that as I realized I would be the absolute last crewman that would set foot on her, that I needed to gave her the best, most sentimental, and snappiest salute, sendoff and farewell I could muster, as I set foot up on the brow.I did my best to do us all proud guys, regardless if I have ever met ya or not- we do all have that common bond- and I indeed included each and every one of you in my send off to her. A toast to her and you all, guys!

SIGNATURE? Sounds too much like computrrese for my comprehension!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Brownsville Pictures 23 years 4 months ago #14741

• Ken Keeler
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ya all are bring tears to my eyes! I have to agree with the thoughts of all of you. She was a good ship and had what seems like great crews from start to finish.
SHE WILL BE REMEMBERED!

Ken Keeler QM2 63-65

Brownsville Pictures 23 years 4 months ago #14742

• doty
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Coop,
I too, felt a strange feeling. Barry told me that night at supper, that out of all the ships his company has scrapped, only 2 of them had what he called "A Living Spirit" that he could sense. One was the Coral Sea and, of course, the Cochrane. Damn, here come the tears again. Isn't it ironic that while we were onboard, we couldn't wait to get off and in B'ville, we cried like babies because she was soon to be gone????

Dave Doty ETR3 65-67

A.K.A. "Minnow"
(941) 693-3689

Brownsville Pictures 23 years 3 months ago #14864

• wilsonle
I have said it before and I'll say it again, you could blindfold me and drop me on any DDG you want, but I would know when I was on the Cochrane. I thought I was just crazy or sentimental, till I heard you guys confirm what I always suspected. She was alive.

FTG1(SW)DDG-21 80-84 NRFF-1091 USS Miller 85-87

Time to create page: 0.754 seconds