Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

EVERYBODY JUMP SHIP? 20 years 4 months ago #15916

• RTS39
  • Thank you received: 0
Seems to me that everybody has got to busy or just plain jumped ship I guess. Well let me tell ya shipmates liberty call has expired for all hands so report to your special sea and anchor details and lets get this ship underway again. You guys may think that the old stories might be boring or what have ya but I can say that I have enjoyed every single one of them. The last number of times I have come here looking for an old sea story, all I get is the same old thing. So here I am stuck in the middle of nowheres Arizona with nothin doing and all I ask is a sea story every now and again. So lets help an old hillbilly out with an old tale or two. AND THATS AN ORDER SAILOR!!! (oops sorry only a FA but it sounded good anyways) GOOD LUCK GOD BLESS AND SEE YA IN THE CHOW LINE. RUSSELL SEAMAN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

EVERYBODY JUMP SHIP? 20 years 4 months ago #15917

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
I was kinda thinking the same thing Russell. I guess everyone has gotten tired of posting to the forums.

EVERYBODY JUMP SHIP? 20 years 4 months ago #15921

• Dan Metsker
sometimes its hard to keep up,yet in those quiet moments when you listen to what's happening nowadays, this forum comes to mind. Glad to be back

EVERYBODY JUMP SHIP? 20 years 4 months ago #15922

• wes carroll
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
There were just a few of us slinging all the BS. I think we all probably just stepped back and hoped some others would step up to the plate for a while.
It has been disappointing that so many familiar names have signed on but didn't want to stop in and at least say hi.

EVERYBODY JUMP SHIP? 20 years 4 months ago #15925

• Michael Gray
<font face="Comic Sans MS"></font id="Comic Sans MS">Hey Russ, I was kind of wondering the same thing. Reading those old forums brought back alot of great memories for me, as I'm sure they did for alot of us. I noticed that there are alot of people subscribed to these forums, but seems that they are only a few of us that have made any contributions.So come on all you "Old Salts", and let's get this thing a rollin' again! I mean with us having all those great attractions and such, that we had being stationed in Hawaii, there's got to be alot of great stories to tell. We had the night life of Waikiki and Hotel Street, the parties at Bellows Beach, and the weekends spent always in search of the elusive bikinis! And know that there's got to be some great deployment stories to share with the rest of us. I was a crewmember during the SouthPac cruise of 1979, and we had some great times during that cruise. I have shared of few of my own on this forum, and would like to hear some others. I know for a fact, that Russ and I weren't the only two people on that cruise. So let's hear them stories old shipmates! And for your info Wes, alot of us enjoyed hearing the stories from you earlier Cochranites even if they were BS!
Everyone take care, and let's get those stories going again!

HTC Mike Gray USN Ret.
HT3 1977-1979

EVERYBODY JUMP SHIP? 20 years 4 months ago #15929

• RTS39
Yeehaw you guys are still alive out there!!! Ya bring a bit of water to an old hillbillys eye. THANKS RUSSELL

Last edit: by RTS39.
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds