Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Typhoon in 1966 while on station. 23 years 6 months ago #14321

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I remember those Russian sailors standing on deck watching us. The reason I remember them so well is because my grandparents came to America from Russia around the turn of the century and I was thinking that if they hadn't come over, I would be on the other ship watching us. Crazy, isn't it????
Dave, I remember your head and trying to work in the sickbay that wouldn't stay put. Did I put any stitches in it. I remember someone that I thought needed stitches, but knew I couldn't do it in the seas as they were, and did it later. Was that you????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Typhoon in 1966 while on station. 23 years 4 months ago #14690

• schlog
HEY COOP , DO THEY STILL HAVE THAT :G.I.:GIN THAT Y'ALL USED TO GIVE US FOR ANYTHING FROM HANGNAIL TO HANGOVER ?

Typhoon in 1966 while on station. 23 years 4 months ago #14692

• Primo
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Pat,
That was the CHLORINE in the water!

PREMO - ETR2 - JUL 66 to JAN 69

Typhoon in 1966 while on station. 23 years 4 months ago #14693

• Ken Keeler
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Horace,
I think Coop was passing some of that around down in Brownsville. anyway it was something in a brown bottle.

Ken Keeler QM2 63-65

Typhoon in 1966 while on station. 23 years 4 months ago #14698

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hey guys, I hope you didn't drink it. I was looking for it a couple of minutes ago when we were doing laundry. You didn't find that bottle and drink it did you?

Pat, we had some brandy to give guys that fell off flight decks of carriers. I had that guy in sickbay, and he actually said he didn't want it. I was tempted, but the stuff was prettly closely inventoried so decided to foget it. Now if I knew where all that beer was in the AC ducts, I never would have been tempted.

Typhoon in 1966 while on station. 23 years 4 months ago #14711

• schlog
richard , you guys used to hide the booze in the ac ducts ? we used to hide it under the deck plates in the after i/c room . all those screws to take out then put back in . i remember the time we were at sea taking mud samples from the ocean bottom on "yankee station" . we hadn't seen land in about 45 days and we lifted one of those deck plates . found a bottle of SUNTORY whiskey . no one could drink it . not even mapes & jones .

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds