Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Captians Mast 21 years 5 months ago #15806

• Ralph Best
  • Thank you received: 0
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by gcassity</i>

My first Mast was on the Cochrane just after we got back from the '72-'73 cruise. Me and an RM2 (can't remember his name) was out on the Ala Wai and I took him to Capt. Nemo's. Needless to say we (got drunk), as a result we got taken in by the HASP. (No need to elaborate what happened at the HASP HQ) At 06:30 the next day we were released to the SP and taken back to Pearl via a pick-up, in the bed. Since R.K.U. Kihune was the skipper and I was a "Houlie" mast was the only option. Ended up getting 2 wks restriction, 2 wks extra duty and 1/2 pay for 2 months. NO PROBLEM!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Captians Mast 21 years 5 months ago #15807

• Ralph Best
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by gcassity</i>

My first Mast was on the Cochrane just after we got back from the '72-'73 cruise. Me and an RM2 (can't remember his name) was out on the Ala Wai and I took him to Capt. Nemo's. Needless to say we (got drunk), as a result we got taken in by the HASP. (No need to elaborate what happened at the HASP HQ) At 06:30 the next day we were released to the SP and taken back to Pearl via a pick-up, in the bed. Since R.K.U. Kihune was the skipper and I was a "Houlie" mast was the only option. Ended up getting 2 wks restriction, 2 wks extra duty and 1/2 pay for 2 months. NO PROBLEM!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Captians Mast 21 years 5 months ago #15808

• Primo
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
My, My, Things certainly changed from the sailors of the 60's....

The worst that I can remember is the eternal battle between the twidgets and the snipes...

Don't ever remember anyone causing any damage to the ship...

Guess our values were a little different...

Anyone else?

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds