Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

brownsville media 23 years 6 months ago #14265

• kelly metz
  • kelly metz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
hey guys, we have been discussing media coverage via national nightly news and the print media as well. has anyone considered informing local brownsville tv as well? i know they are not exactly a news hotbed and after spring break they will need a new/refreshing take on their city. our story is a perfect fit. i notice that sal has been taking most of the interest in alerting the media. i say we appoint a volunteer (such as sal) to be our poc for the media. this way we won't be duplicating our efforts and we'll have a decent handle on who is covering this event. in addition it will be easier for them to contact us if they have any requests for info and the like...what do you think?kelly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

brownsville media 23 years 6 months ago #14268

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I've already been working with NBC News, and they want me to contact them when we get a date. Ya want me to continue on that?

brownsville media 23 years 6 months ago #14273

• kelly metz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
cool with me. <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I've already been working with NBC News, and they want me to contact them when we get a date. Ya want me to continue on that?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

brownsville media 23 years 6 months ago #14287

• Sal Cedillo
Kelly....guess what? I'm from Cochrane's crew circa '83-'85 (your name sounds familiar, ET, Sonar,OS???) and I'll take you up on the other page's San Miguel offer @ the Texas Coast. I won't make any promises because my sis's media friends are from here in Dallas, but at the very least I will make sure the Brownsville press and media are aware (what we consider very significant event) is going down in their downtown. And Oh yea, if you think you guys will have a difficult time recognizing one another, no one will ever be able to pick me out in a crowd, because as the name suggests I'll be blending in with the majority of the (Mexican American) townsfolk. Maybe I should wear a ship's ball cap or something....Sal

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
hey guys, we have been discussing media coverage via national nightly news and the print media as well. has anyone considered informing local brownsville tv as well? i know they are not exactly a news hotbed and after spring break they will need a new/refreshing take on their city. our story is a perfect fit. i notice that sal has been taking most of the interest in alerting the media. i say we appoint a volunteer (such as sal) to be our poc for the media. this way we won't be duplicating our efforts and we'll have a decent handle on who is covering this event. in addition it will be easier for them to contact us if they have any requests for info and the like...what do you think?kelly

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

brownsville media 23 years 6 months ago #14290

• kelly metz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
sal, i remember you from the cochrane, i was an rm2 when i got out glad to have another opportunity to see ya...i think it will be just us this year. i am really looking fwd to this event....do you remember rmcs bill petrie fm the ddg-21? well, he was my boss fm 83-85 and this summer will be the 3rd year in a row that he has come to visit me here in texas. if you would like to join us as well let me know. i live in canyon lake, and my brother lives in plano. give me a shout...kelly

Edited by - John Freeman on 03/05/2001 17:55:09

brownsville media 23 years 6 months ago #14427

• Sal Cedillo
Kelly,
Yes, I definitely hope to see you at the reunion, because I know if I see you in person, I'll be better able to remember our aquaintance. You probably remember me for always getting in trouble on the beach (hey, I was only 18 years old back then). Do you recall the one incident when a Cochrane crew member mistakenly went aboard (was allowed by OOD, despite ship's stickers to the contrary) the USS Towers (sister ship), docked parallel to the 21, then got into an altercation/scuffle with an indvidual he assumed to have taken over his rack (wrong ship, hence wrong rack). Anyway this guy eventually ended up handcuffed to the Towers Missle Launcher, until the MAA from 21 picked this poor guy up. The next morning the C.O. of the Towers was being belled aboard and I knew my butt was in a sling then. Well, I won't mention any names, but, I know this character pretty well. The things we learn from life's experiences....it will be a pleasure to reintroduced to you after so many years and learning experiences..Sal

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
sal, i remember you from the cochrane, i was an rm2 when i got out glad to have another opportunity to see ya...i think it will be just us this year. i am really looking fwd to this event....do you remember rmcs bill petrie fm the ddg-21? well, he was my boss fm 83-85 and this summer will be the 3rd year in a row that he has come to visit me here in texas. if you would like to join us as well let me know. i live in canyon lake, and my brother lives in plano. give me a shout...kelly

Edited by - John Freeman on 03/05/2001 17:55:09

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds