Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Various - 66 to 69 23 years 6 months ago #14191

• Primo
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Coop,
I got the address off the internet at switchboard.com, and who knows if it is good.

I looked for 3+ hours last nite just to get the the address. Go to google.com and search on "admiral shanahan" or "jack shanahan" or "john j. shanahan". You will be amazed...

I sent an email to a retired admiral at the Center for Defense Information asking him to pass the Cochrane website onto Shanahan over a week ago...no replies...

Maybe Captain Hess would be a good candidate...

PREMO - ETR2 - JUL 66 to JAN 69

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Various - 66 to 69 23 years 6 months ago #14192

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I will write Capt. Hess to ask him. I mention this only because we would not want all of us to write him. I'll let you know what he says.

Various - 66 to 69 23 years 6 months ago #14202

• Ken Keeler
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Does anyone have any idea of what became of Capt. Benson?

Various - 66 to 69 23 years 6 months ago #14228

• Paul Anuschat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
How about Al Heidemann, Mike Gaspar, Bob Belden?

Re JC Reynolds-

If I recall correctly, he was from Indiana PA where his father was affiliated with the local college.

Re Bogstad--

remember his teeth or what he had left of them? The tobacco stains alone would qualify for hanging in the Guggenheim.

Re "Screaming Jack" Shanahan--

I'll phone him myself if you don't get a reply soon. No big deal. He symbolized much of what keeps the memory lit up. I think we could all tell a story or two about him he might enjoy.

Various - 66 to 69 23 years 6 months ago #14229

• Paul Anuschat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
For what it's worth--

I have a complete or nearly complete list of the last names of all the ET's I served with on the Cochrane in a somewhat chronological order. Let me know if list is of interest. The name Nahlen appears there, but I don't well remember you. Glad to see you are part of this dialoging.

I phoned my long ago drinking partner, SK John Allen, in Kansas City to pass the website on to a couple of others he keeps in touch with. John doesn't cyber, wouldn't you know?

Edited by - Paul Anuschat on 02/26/2001 19:30:08

Various - 66 to 69 23 years 6 months ago #14286

• doty
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
My dad called Mr. Shanahan yesterday 03/04/01, and told him of our web site and the upcoming "doom" of #21...His reply "Oh, that's a long way off" So I don't know anymore. He does have an email address but dad forgot to get it from him. Maybe someone knows???

Time to create page: 0.436 seconds