Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

FTM3 Tony Bice 19 years 6 months ago #16045

• steve kehoe
  • Thank you received: 0
I checked on board in 74 and left shortly afterward's. When we went in to Pearl for an enginering overhaul in 76( I was done doing firesides and punching tube's) being in aft fireroom. I never heard much about it except that someone was shot> I remember that it was kept pretty quiet.So not to disturb the crew,but it did get out even to us in the rear of the ship.Bring's back old Thought's not so pleasent. my prayer's go out to all involved one Golded snipe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FTM3 Tony Bice 18 years 1 month ago #16220

• Kevin
  • Thank you received: 0
Yes, I think about that day alot when I handle my own firearms...I was onboard and closeby when it happened. Very sad day..[:(]
Kevin Howe
BM3 76-80
First Div

FTM3 Tony Bice 16 years 8 months ago #16330

• pbill
  • Thank you received: 2
I was relieved at 4:00 am by the GMG who had the next watch, I remember that Brice was the second watch as the ASROC magazine was opened for temps reading. HE was new on board and had very little training on the .45. I do believe he chambered the round and then could not get the hammer to close, as the safety was on. The regular watch GMG came into the small arms cabinet room and discovered that the safety was on thus keeping the hammer back. He did not know a round had been chambered and took the safety off, held his thumb on the hammer and tried to let it close slowly, but it slipped and the round discharged, I was sleeping as this happened but it did make Christmas a sad time that year. We had more extensive training with the .45 after that and new arrivals from boot were not allowed on the watch team until signed off on the .45, but I left shortly after that for DDG36

Time to create page: 0.437 seconds