Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Subic 23 years 5 months ago #14610

• wes carroll
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Ken, I did that too. That was in Sasebo though. I was carried back to the ship that time. Still didn't hurt as bad as that brain fart we had in Subic. Hell, I pretty much did something stupid wherever I went. We wonder why we Americans are so admired the world over. We were great ambassadors.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Subic 23 years 5 months ago #14611

• chassny03
Nobody can say we didn't contribute to the economy, though. Did you ever drink Akadama and Asahi in Japan, Mojo and of course San Miguel in PI, Black Label and Loganberry wine in Bremerton, Fosters lager in Australia...of all these, the rum in PI produced the worst hangover. Aint it great to be an expert on hangovers??

Subic 23 years 5 months ago #14612

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Chief, the only time in two years and two months aboard the Cochrane that I woke up aboard the ship without the faintest idea how I got there was with Akadama wine. The stuff tasted like koolade, and crept up on you like a snake in the brush. It was terrible.

Subic 23 years 5 months ago #14614

• wes carroll
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
That loganberry became really popular while we were in Washington. It was pretty good mixed with Oly too. I remember a couple of shipmates I won't name became certifiable winos.I liked Akadama but Asahi and Kirin were both so skunky I couldn't drink them, and I wasn't really too fussy. I always thought San Miguel was pretty good. I only drank beer when my funds were too low for my rum and Coke. I continued to drink a lot for at least 10 more years after leaving the navy. Would you believe I haven't had a beer since 1985? I might drink a mixed drink or have a glass of wine two or three times a year. I went from three packs of cigarettes a day to none 3 years ago. This behavior isn't natural is it? I must say I feel better for it. Hypnosis a couple of times didn't work, neither did the patch. A combination of Zyban and nicotine gum did.

Subic 23 years 5 months ago #14615

• Sal Cedillo
Wes...you don't know me, but I have to say that I'm happy you've kicked the habits. There comes a time in everyone's life when something that seemed so pleasureable has to be released. We should all have such self-control, but until then it's party-time, huh, Dave Doty (my latest drinking buddy)? Sal

Subic 23 years 5 months ago #14616

• wes carroll
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Thanks Sal, I had to do it or I probably wouldn't still be here to say thanks Sal.

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds