Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Subic 23 years 6 months ago #14342

• Sal Cedillo
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm unsure if the P.I. had invented Mojo and Bullfrog back in the 60's era, but these two liquored concoctions served well as an alternative to San Miguel. Mojo was served by the pitcher (a blood red apperence), the tasty bullfrog was also served chilled by the pitcher (lime green in substance). Does anybody know what these drinks that often made many a sailor drop their dick in the dirt?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Subic 23 years 6 months ago #14343

• Ken Keeler
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Sal,
Don't remember them but I guess if a guy drank enough he wouldn't remember anyway.

Subic 23 years 6 months ago #14431

• David Melges
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Anyone ever try to feed the croc ducklings in Olongopo? During the 1971 cruise we had a BT that smuggled them on board and released them in engineering berthing and in the comodes in the after head. Imagine needing to puke and looking in the bowl to find a duckling swimming around peeping. Oh what great times were had in the adult Disneyland of the Pacific.

Subic 23 years 6 months ago #14490

• Ralph Best
I guess we all learned fast in subic it was
a niice port to cut loose in. I was there in
70/71 and remember the MP's chasing us from
club to club trying to get us back to the
ship.when i tell my kids @ the monkey meat
on a stick they think i am making it up.
It's funny how the younger generations think
that we have never done anything.

Subic 23 years 5 months ago #14607

• wes carroll
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Apparently we all have vivid memories of Subic. It was also my first foreign port. Several old salts took my young ass on my first outing. They felt they needed to teach me I guess. They were surprised at how quickly I adapted and was so readily corrupted.
I also remember a long forgotten shipmate and I were trying to bring some rum back to the ship with us. We each had two pints in our waistbands. We saw the Marine guards were searching everyone so we retreated and went under the bridge. In our drunken state we decided the only way to keep from losing our rum was to drink it. Curfew was quickly approaching so we drank it just as fast as we could. I don't know how we got back to the ship but I really thought I was going to die. On a scale of 1 to 10, that headache was a 10,000.

Subic 23 years 5 months ago #14609

• Ken Keeler
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I think that the only thing that could produce a worse hangover would be Saki, but when it was warm it sure went down nice

Ken Keeler QM2 63-65

Time to create page: 0.276 seconds