Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Kevin Costner movie "No Way Out" 23 years 2 months ago #15099

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Wes,
That's very true. The problem I had with John Wayne was how critical he was of people that protested against the war in Vietnam, and all he did was make movies about people who did. It is easy to criticize people when you aren't in their shoes. The movie "Green Beret" was the most rediculous movie I've seen. It made vietnam look like a clean war. All my friends who were either marines or in the army refuse to see this movie because they say that it trivializes what it was really like for them.

I don't have anything against the people that made movies instead of going to war. I get a problem with them when they criticize others for not going too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kevin Costner movie "No Way Out" 23 years 2 months ago #15101

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Guys,
I am only entering this here, because I hadn't heard anything from anyone in the proper place. I want for us to push the point to get another ship named USS Cochrane. It's great if we all reminise about the good old days, but I think I would love for the name Cochrane to continue on the stern of another man-o-war. We all seemed to want it when we were in Brownsville. What happened Guys???
Please, write your congressmen and/or senators about this. We have included a form letter if you would like to use it, but any letter would work. If we put pressure enough, things can get done. I dream of the day when we are standing at the commissioning of the USS Cochrane again. It's not going to happen if we don't MAKE it happen. Then Navy already told me that they have more names than ships. If that is what we will accept, it will never happne. The difference between ships with names, and names without ships is that people just sat back and did nothing with the names without ships. Please read the postings for this topic and tell me what you think we can do to get it done. You can probably tell, but this is an important issue for me. I don't know how many of us vietnam Cochrane guys will be around in 35 years, so I would like to get the name on a ship now.

Kevin Costner movie "No Way Out" 23 years 2 months ago #15102

• Marc Tuton
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Mr.Cooper, If you will notice, there has been a "lock" placed on your topic about the namming, so its kinda hard to reply to it in that situation. You might also considder including your current correct e-mail adress, as I have now sent you 5 e-mails in the last 2 months with no reply, so I can only asume the address isnt correct, and you aren't recieving them. For what it's worth, I have indeed writen to both my dully apointed bribe takers, er, I meen elected representatives on the Cochrane matter.

Kevin Costner movie "No Way Out" 23 years 2 months ago #15103

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I don't know why the lock is on, but I've asked John to remove it. What e-mail address are you sending to me, because I haven't received any? Did you fill out for your congressman/senator a privacy release form. That is the only way they can intercede with the navy dept. in your behalf. I think we need to stay on top it them.

Kevin Costner movie "No Way Out" 22 years 11 months ago #15260

• MichelTM3
Cochrane was breifly seen on the (Brady Bunch). The scene was a boat tour of Pearl Harbor, 1973, Cochrane moored at Bravo Piers.

Kevin Costner movie "No Way Out" 22 years 4 months ago #15634

• tag
Hello just logged on for the first time. Today is a special day
it marks the fall of Saigon. This period was when I was aboard her.
I remember a long day and night especially when we helped look for
the last to deathes of the vietnam war. They were two men in a choper returning to the fleet and crashed. We found helmet and parts of the helicopter and I believe a life jacket.

I wanted to say that the Hawaii Five-0 show, that had about 2-min of the Cochrane and Knox , was "Murder-Eyes Only" was a 2-hr season opener for 1975-76 and had a rating of 5 stars.I was on her and have the tape. I used my ditigal camera to record the highline transfer off my 57" T.V. and it came out great. I wounder if there would be a problem adding it to the video section?

Time to create page: 0.316 seconds