Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Kevin Costner movie "No Way Out" 23 years 7 months ago #13982

• Admin
  • Admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
In the Kevin Costner movie "No Way Out" he is sent to a ship & in one scene, a DDG or DLG is shown with the #21 on the bow, does anyone know if it is the Cochrane or not??? Al Harris(Harry) '66 to '69 17 Jan 2001

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kevin Costner movie "No Way Out" 23 years 7 months ago #13989

• Primo
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I thought I saw the same thing and blew it off as wishful imagination. If it's out on DVD, we could single frame it and see..

ETR2 - JUL 66 to JAN 69

Kevin Costner movie "No Way Out" 23 years 7 months ago #14064

• Paul Anuschat
  • Paul Anuschat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Horace: Dunno about the Costner flick, but I do know many of the original plankholding crew were used as extras in the Jawn Wayne/Patricia Neal flick "In Harms Way". J C Reynolds and , I believe, one of the Signalmen are visible for short moments if you look close. Always figured that movie had a slight ring of reality because of the extras. Still watch it for glimpses of Cochrane casting.

Kevin Costner movie "No Way Out" 23 years 7 months ago #14069

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I can't remember the name of the signalman, but he is there in the building where John Wayne and some others are discussing plans. He walks right by them. I came on Cochrane about a month or two after the filming, and they were all still talking about being in the movie. Also, I think I remember seeing Cochrane in Hawaii Five-0 once. Wasn't sure it was Cochrane, but sure did look like her.

Kevin Costner movie "No Way Out" 23 years 7 months ago #14081

• cubicinch
Anyone remember the filming of Tora, Tora, Tora?? We had to be pushed up near the Club so we wouldn't be caught on film & the film crew was blowing a mock-up of a battleship over on Ford Island...

Allan R. Harris

Kevin Costner movie "No Way Out" 23 years 5 months ago #14584

• Steve Camacho
I watched No Way Out on A&E the other night & it clearly shows the bow with hull number 21 and it sure looks like a DDG, it's just a brief shot with-in the first 20 minutes of the movie. After our Brownsville trip, I rented the video (VHS), but the film is took dark to read past 2_ on the bow. On TV you can read it & I'm sure it's Cochrane.

Steve
85-88

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds