Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Deployed Shipmates 22 years 10 months ago #15273

• wilsonle
  • Thank you received: 0
All,

Anyone hear from Steve? I am fighting the battle of Fort Bliss. I was in Korea in August with this unit, and they liked my work ethic so much they pulled strings to get me called on Active Duty. Of all things I am the Secretary to The General Staff for the 32nd Army Air and Missile Defense Command.

It's more commonly abbreviated as the Staff Bitch. I do all the paperwork and scheduling for 2 General Officers. I had more authority., fun and respect, as a an FTG2 aboard a DDG. And given my druthers I would rather be on a 38 year old DDG than here.

But we all serve where called. Can we start a deployed members section? Steve and I and others might post to there?

FTG1(SW)DDG-21 80-84 / FC1(SW) NRFF-1091 USS Miller 85-87
Major, 32D AAMDC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Deployed Shipmates 22 years 10 months ago #15275

• wes carroll
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Sorry, or congratulations, depending on how you look at it I guess. I think most of us are so far removed from active duty and the changes in the military over the years, it is hard to imagine what today's military is like.

Wes

Deployed Shipmates 22 years 10 months ago #15277

• Marc Tuton
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
And a big tip O' da flat hat to ya, yall curently deployed folks!Wes, youv'e a very good point! All that politically correct "stuff" of today on top of everything else Im sure would make it pretty out there for us guys from that earlier time. The next mess of Shinner Bock beers I asault, I will do so in honor of "youse" guys!

Deployed Shipmates 22 years 10 months ago #15279

• wilsonle
I guess I thought we would be going overseas, when they called us up. Fort Bliss is the home to the Army Air Defense Artillery School. Patriot missiles and all that.

I got to tell you all, this post is so anal its driving me nuts. The average E9 on this post has not got as much going on as your average BM3 in the Navy.

Some of the shit the senior enlisted get away with on this post would have gotten you keel hauled on the Cochrane.

Politically corrrect just does not cover the carnage here!!!

I really want to go kick Taliban ass on a DDG.

Take Care,

FTG1(SW)DDG-21 80-84 / FC1(SW) NRFF-1091 USS Miller 85-87
Major, 32D AAMDC

Deployed Shipmates 22 years 10 months ago #15280

• wes carroll
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I have a nephew that retired from the army in Feb. He was a diver and an instructor for years. He told me about how hopelessly the military had changed. Sounds like you are very unfortunate to have to be experiencing it first hand. I hope this all works out for the best for your sake.

Wes

Deployed Shipmates 22 years 10 months ago #15283

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Is this what you meant by wanting a deployed members section? Sounds like your current position kinda sucks. Sorry to hear that. By the way, I finally got the newsletter posted.

MM2 83-85

Time to create page: 0.247 seconds