Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Deployed Shipmates 22 years 8 months ago #15406

• Primo
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Dave,

Were you reaching into the cooler when you fell?

PREMO - ETR2 - JUL 66 to JAN 69

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Deployed Shipmates 22 years 8 months ago #15409

• doty
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Horace,
actually, I was moving away from the cooler with too many brews and got top heavy

Dave Doty ETR3 65-67

A.K.A. "Minnow"
(941) 693-3689

Deployed Shipmates 22 years 8 months ago #15420

• Marc Tuton
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Dave- Im very sorry to hear of your accident- may you heal correctly with no further need to go under the knife!Back in May, had a guy in a car run me off the road on my bicycle, and as I was doing almost 30 mph at the time, when I bounced off the bus stop sign pole, I broke crap out of my left wrist and thumb. Take heart! It still hurts like heck when the weather changes! I would ask Doc Coop for some magic elixer of some type, but I know hes too buisy for such tom foolery!

Deployed Shipmates 22 years 8 months ago #15421

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Marc
I think it was the "Magic Elixer" that got Dave in this predicament in the first place.

MM2 83-85

Deployed Shipmates 22 years 8 months ago #15429

• Paul Anuschat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Dave aka "Minnow":

Sorry to hear about your confinement. At least it wasn't your bending elbow. Might hafta become ambidextrous.

Thank goodness for PC's and good movies. I am going into 3rd month without adequate mobility to do most of what I like to do. At least it's winter in the liquidy Pacific NW and am not missing the fun times summer season brings.

Guys, am beginning to think that although "Shit Happens" it is more likely to happen the longer we monkey around. Has been a Warning to me to get into better shape, although wasn't too bad before.

Keep on puttin', just don't shave the score too outrageously...

Paul

Deployed Shipmates 22 years 7 months ago #15435

• wilsonle
Latest From Bliss,

Well looks like we are settled in for the long haul here. We now have regular BOQ/BEQ's, and have settled into the peacetime routine of a unit at Home Station.

We are scheduled for excercises in Korea and Kuwait (I can't say when) and we go to the field here at Fort Bliss to set up our Tactical Operations Center (TOC) to practice our jobs. Actually if our families where here (and not in Florida) it would not be all that bad.

The Commanding General (Bromberg) says when our year is up this September (2002), he will have to look at the what's best for the Army and the unit prior to releasing us. (Code for don't plan on going anywhere) He can keep us till SEP 2003 under the current authority. He seems glad to have us, on the one hand he is getting a lot of work done that normally the unit would not have the manpower to do. On the other hand, with no stop loss in effect, he can't keep us (Guard) from retiring or prevent enlisted from separating when they hit ETS.

If we where overseas doing our job that would not be a problem, but most of our enlisted are separating (or going to) when they hit their (ETS/EAOS). There is no Army wide stop loss in effect, so even the officers are retiring when they hit their eligibility dates.

What I don't get is when an Active duty guy separates or retires we have a party, and congratulations all around. When a National Guard guy retires or separates he is condemed (by the regular active duty types) as a slacker. Am I missing something? I think if we where overseas we wouldn't have this retirement / ETS problem on the Active or especially on the reserve side. But I guess the Active guys just don't like reserve and Guard and nothing will ever change that.

FTG1(SW)DDG-21 80-84 / FC1(SW) NRFF-1091 USS Miller 85-87
Major, Field Artillery, 32D Army Air and Missile Defense Command

Edited by - wilsonle on 01/28/2002 19:55:20

Time to create page: 0.869 seconds