Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Thanks, John!!! 23 years 3 months ago #14820

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I had no idea where to put this message, so I thought I'd risk John's rath by plugging it in here. John, I've really missed this site when we didn't have it. I guess as Joannie Mitchell once sang it, "You don't know what you've got till it's gone." Well John, we've only been without this site. You're the one that has been doing all the work to get it back on and I want you to know that I really appreciate all that you do for us. Just wanted you to know. Sorry to put it in this location, but didn't know where else a "Thank you" would fit either.

If you can move it to somewhere else where it won't mess up the flow of the postings and not get buried, I would appreciate it. I just wanted everyone to see it because I really appreciate your work.

Edited by - Richard Cooper on 05/26/2001 14:13:48

Edited by - John Freeman on 05/26/2001 21:41:40

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thanks, John!!! 23 years 3 months ago #14821

• Primo
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Way to go, JOHN!

I was lost without my daily dose of snipe!

PREMO - ETR2 - JUL 66 to JAN 69

Thanks, John!!! 23 years 3 months ago #14822

• schlog
I think "Thanks John" is an excellent topic for a forum . I too thank you John for what I am sure are long hours and a lot of head scratching trying to figure out what the hell was wrong .
Now that I have been on here talking to all of you it's a thing I look forward to everyday .
Being shut down made me lose one of my few daily highlights .
My hat is off to you for " Hanging in there " .
Thanks alot and welcome back aboard everyone ...........

Thanks, John!!! 23 years 3 months ago #14823

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
You guys are more than welcome. Without getting into all of the techie stuff, it was really broke this time. Even Microsoft was involved. Seems like this problem has reared it's head on two of the hosts servers and we have been on both of them! I even asked if it was my asp stuff that was bombing the server but they assured me that it was somebody else with bad code that was doing it. We have been moved to yet another server that came online on 24 May 01. This one is brand new so we will see what happens.

I want everyone to know that I check this site AT LEAST once a day. I usually know if there is a problem and get right on it. I really hammered tech support on this one with many emails and phone calls even before any of you emailed me. Thanks for keeping me informed just in case I was sleeping.

Anyway, we will see how long we can go without loosing the load again. Horace, I think the problem lies entirely with the twidgets. They can't keep the damn electronics online. We still had steam pressure and the main engines were cookin' .....

Richard, yeah I had to move your post but this is where I was going to put mine anyway. You just beat me to it. Glad we are back in action. Now we can move forward with the elections......SOON.

MM2 83-85

Thanks, John!!! 23 years 3 months ago #14827

• Marc Tuton
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
And another hip, hip, Hooray for john from me also! Buds, If I knew my ass from first base about the magic land of cyber stuff, I would be volunteerin big time to give you a hand! (Its about all I can do to look up web sites, and do e-mails...)Also a great job of keeping steam and the turbines up, sir! May you, and all my esteemed Cochrane shipmateshere, have a great Memorial Day, and well see ya later!

Marc Tuton STG3,Uss Cochrane jan 74-sept 76- "The pearl of the Pacific" STG2 USS Glover, nov 76-nov79, "the atlantic fleet shitcan for officers!"

Thanks, John!!! 23 years 3 months ago #14829

• wes carroll
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I give a big thanks also John. I think we had an agreement though. Once again I am on my 7 days off and the site was down. My last 7 off the site was down and I got bored and went out and bought a new car. I thought that in the future you were going to check with my schedule John. You had nothing to do with this one so I guess it is okay. I can't afford boredom too often though John. Oh well, I am saved. You got it fixed, I still have 4 more days off and I still haven't bought anything. Life is good. Thank you.

Wes

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds