Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

"Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veteran's Act" vs Cochrane's GPS location April 1975 4 years 11 months ago #16767

• DDG21-RM2
  • Thank you received: 1
As some of you may be aware, Trump signed into public law the BWNVVA HR299 in June 2019.

Those of us who had our previous Agent Orange claims denied because the VA did not recognize
us are are now resubmitting our AO claims. One point of these claims is that we must be able to
prove that we were on a ship that was within the territorial waters (12 nautical miles) off the coast
of Vietnam. The ship logs would show our location in long/lat, but the National Archives has shut
down ALL inquiries for USN ships ships logs until at least Spring 2020 or longer as they are 'just now'
putting these ships logs into a digital format from I believe 1958 to 1978. Interesting that they just
started doing that now after all these years?

The Cochrane WAS just off the coast of VN from around April 4th to the 7th, 1975 and again on April
29th and 30th, 1975 for Operation Frequent Wind for the evacuation when the embassy in Saigon fell.
On both occasions, we were assigned to naval gun fire duties so that put us close in to the coast of both
occasions with the rest of the Task Force located out to sea from us. .

So a question as I resubmit to the VA.

Does anyone have copies of the Cochrane's ship logs covering the two time periods above that they can
send me copies of? I'll pay you for them. I've already forwarded articles to the VA from the US Naval Institute
that denotes Cochrane WAS in those locations and performing those duties close off the coast but actual
ships logs would really help showing our lat/long posit during that time period.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Mike Hunter RM2
USS Cochrane
1974-1975

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by DDG21-RM2.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds