Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Sad 15 years 2 months ago #16467

• Cfarmer
  • Thank you received: 0
By the looks of the message board and responses most guys are like me. We did our duty and came home. Kenny Wyman and I hauled it out of Treasure Island and found a life waiting on us. Its been 44 years since I saluted and stepped off the plank.  I have often and I mean often thought of the guys I cruised with. But, like most of us I never made the effort. SAD
I have just discovered this site and hoping there are some plank owners or any one, maybe someone of the last crew, who would like to talk about the old lady 21. Be kind of interesting one of us old and one not so old.
Chuck Farmer ET Plank Owner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Cfarmer.

Re: Sad 15 years 2 months ago #16469

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Chuck
That is the exact reason that I built this site. I originally built it for completely selfish reasons and that was to find some old shipmates, and I did. Now it is almost 10 years later and the site has evolved into a life of it's own. I have received numerous emails from shipmates that were ably to find old buddies from here. I am sure that some of the plank owners that frequent (or infrequent) the forums will speak up.

Re: Sad 15 years 2 months ago #16470

• Cfarmer
Thank you so much for the great effort you must put into this site. It shows itself to be a labor of love.
Good luck with it and may more of us find it.

Re: Sad 14 years 6 months ago #16506

• tag
I got sad for you. I bought the USS Cochrane Model
that Bob Donovan built. I couldn't wait to get it. I was so excited. Finally it arrived vis UPS. The "S" stands for sucks! The ship was destroyed. They did to the Cochrane what no enemy could. Then I was denied the insurance
claim. But they found it in their heart to give me a good will gesture of half the insured amount of 1500.00.
I plan to heve Bob make repairs as soon as I can afford it. What a drag. Luckly I have 1a 1/700 scale model.   

Re: Sad 13 years 3 months ago #16591

• wes carroll
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Thanks to this site I re-connected to a few old shipmates. Yes I mean OLD shipmates. I guess I'm not the skinny 17 year old kid I was when I first stepped aboard Cochrane either.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds