Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Cochrane Prints On Canvas 19 years 8 months ago #16006

• Marc Tuton
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey Shipmates! I stumbled into some nice pics , sized 20x 24" on canvas, that are quasi-affordable to boot. [:D] Kinda long winded address: www.veramarnavalproducts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mve Yall take care now! Marc Tuton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cochrane Prints On Canvas 19 years 8 months ago #16007

• Paul Anuschat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey Marc:

Good Eye! You could be lookout on my watch anytime! Had a slight glitch on link, but back-tracked to vendor home page.

Anyone know the time/place of the two available pics?

I'm guessing the 2nd one was the near-commissioning shot. No. 1 I don't know. Antenna array looks different from what I remember. I had responsibility for the Tactical Air Navigation gear (TACAN) which had the Derby Hat antenna near the top of the foremast. Can't tell if it's on No. 1. Gear was , as I can best recall, put on late in construction and not in early pictures, taken, I am guessing, during shakedowns.

Anybody got better recollections? I can't trust the stored stuff on my Hard Drive like I used to....

Thanks again, Marc.

Paul-ET '65-'67

Cochrane Prints On Canvas 19 years 8 months ago #16009

• Marc Tuton
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hi there Paul! Good to hear from ya! Sorry I made an error in posting the address of said site. Sometimes I can post links, and sometimes it refuses to. This was a refusal time, so I manually wrote it- and thought I put it exactly as from this site. Glad you waded thru in spite of my error. Perhaps your 'puter can post a direct link to this place! May you and your family have a great year this year! (and that goes for all yall for that matter!)
Hope someone else reads our posts here and can answwer your question about when these pics were made. 'Betcha Mr.Wilson knows if he has time to read this these days![:)]
Marc

Cochrane Prints On Canvas 19 years 8 months ago #16012

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1

Cochrane Prints On Canvas 19 years 7 months ago #16019

• 2ScrewX
I personally like the underway shot, looks as if she had been out for awhile, notice the lack of deck ape activity over the side i.e. rust stains [;)] I also notice a lack of Battle E's or Engineering E's on the foc'sle and stack.

Cochrane Prints On Canvas 19 years 7 months ago #16032

• David Melges
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Both are post 1973 overhaul when the NTDS suite was installed. The quarter deck overhang was removed during the overhaul after the 74-75 cruise to the Indian Ocean. You will also notice the ship was in DESRON 25 again, having been in DESRON 33 from after overhaul in 1973-74. In picture 1 the ship was in DESRON 33, that lasted from 1974 until after the 1979 cruise to South PAC when she was shifted back to DESRON 25 until she was transferred to Japan in 1983.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds