Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

USS Stennis 23 years 1 month ago #15113

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
I thought that I would take this opportunity to brag a bit. My oldest son has just pulled into Seattle on board USS John C.Stennis CVN-74. He is an aviation mechanic and this is his first "at sea". He gets to go on a WestPac in January. I got to visit him in San Diego a couple of weeks ago and got to see the ship. That thing is a monster! Nothing like that little Tin Can that all of us know and love. Well I guess now I can call him a Fly Boy on a Flat Top. If anyone is interested, this is a big shin-dig in Seattle www.seafair.com/x53.xml . The STENNIS web site is www.cvn74.navy.mil/ . OK, all done gloating now.

MM2 83-85

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

USS Stennis 23 years 1 month ago #15114

• Sal Cedillo
  • Thank you received: 0
John the man....You have every right to gloat and to experience that sense of familial pride in your family's nautical ways. How blessed you must feel to have a son that thought highly enough of your past, to follow in your ways for his future. Kind of like your ancestors the Nords and the Vikings (I think) always did favor the sea. Congratulations!!!!
Sal

USS Stennis 23 years 1 month ago #15115

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hey John, You have every right to be proud of him. Don't be embarrassed about your pride in your son. He must be a pretty good kid cause look at his old man.

Also, now I know why you like your brew so much. I can just picture someone who looks just like you in about 1000 AD with a gallon of brew in a ram's horn. The picture fits you, John.

Edited by - Richard Cooper on 08/02/2001 14:39:49

USS Stennis 23 years 1 month ago #15116

• Marc Tuton
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Here, Here, and a hip, hip hooray to boot!Congrats on all the news, and indeed be proud! May you and yours have a great one! But I guess with no more Subic as we know it must be a bit a bit of a mind easer for you, Dad!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.522 seconds