Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

'66 Cruise Book On Line! 23 years 6 months ago #14240

• Paul Anuschat
  • Paul Anuschat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Congrats to shipmate Don Reed and the managers of this website for the '66 cruise book online. If you're website-challenged like me, you gotta go to "home" and outside the "Forums" realm.

I still have my copy and would love to get some autographs to go with it, some time, some place.

Also have bragging rights to more than a few of the snapshots published therein. Am particularly proud of the shot of Mike Gasper doing the "Bird" with a Filipina of lst class charm, and, of course, Al Koblinski's backside framed by a palm at the Manila Hotel on a fantastic R&R a lucky few of us went on.

As I recall, Ensign Harry Adams and FT1 Joe Cahill, among others, had a lot to do with the publication. (Where are you guys??)

They did a fabulous job, as did Don Reed.
Bless you all! Check it out...

Edited by - John Freeman on 02/28/2001 22:31:12

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

'66 Cruise Book On Line! 23 years 6 months ago #14242

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Paul I'm glad that you appreciate the cruise book being online. You talk as if there is a "team" of people working on this site. I assure you that there is only one ex-snipe at the helm, ME! Kinda scarry if you think about it, huh. Believe me, I do have my hands full.

'66 Cruise Book On Line! 23 years 6 months ago #14243

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I agree with Paul. Don, this is great!! My book is getting kind of ratty like it's owner, and who knows how much longer it will last. By having it on the site, we can reproduce it. This was GREAT work. Also John, I think that if you hadn't done all of that hard work for us, none of us would have ever heard from each other again. You managed to do what 35 years couldn't, and while I've told you a couple of times, I want to tell you now in front of everyone. Thanks for really making this all possible. When we get together in Brownsville, you will know that you brought it all about. I think I wish I knew anyone on any of those ships that you were on and had someone steal your cruisebooks. I would love to replace them for you. Is there a possibility that they might be downloaded somewhere too.

Don, thanks very much for all the work it must have taken. Hope to see you in Brownsville, and remember this Summer when you come to Atlanta.

'66 Cruise Book On Line! 23 years 6 months ago #14244

• dcreed
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks guys!
I agree with Richard, John's 'DA Man'. The effort to keep a web site up and interesting 24-7 is substantual. It's been interesting watching the 'Crew List' grow from a few to many. and to watch the evolution of this forum site. I will have the '68 book done in a couple of weeks and will give it to John. Hope there is enough server space to post some of the latter books too.

Don Reed MM2 6/66-11/68

'66 Cruise Book On Line! 23 years 6 months ago #14245

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks guys, I appreciate your kind words. It has been rewarding to me just knowing that I have brought old friends back together. Maybe I will get my turn at finding some long lost shipmates someday. After all, that was my primary reason of building this site. You guys are the ones that keep it going.

Richard, I have searched everywhere that I can think of to find those old cruise books. I have looked at all the used book stores that I can find online to no avail. I even have a constant search going on ebay. Maybe someday I will get lucky or Kelly can get one scaned for me.

I had to move this post. It just didnt belong in the does anyone remember......

Edited by - John Freeman on 02/28/2001 22:32:50

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.420 seconds