Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

SKATING AWAY 20 years 4 months ago #15930

• RTS39
  • Thank you received: 0
One of the best times I can remember was, we had left Wellington and we had passed through the little channel that separates the two islands and I had just got off the 7 to 12 watch and I went up to the O2 level to get some air and a little sunlight (being a snipe you sometimes wondered if the sun still came up). I remember the temperature was just right, so I sat down on the deck and someone had a radio on and as we sailed along the west side of the southern island I was thinking, man what a breath taking site and just about that time someone came over the 1MC saying that this was one of the prettiest sites in the world and I was thinking YOU SURE GOT THAT RIGHT SAILOR. I also remember thinking its a great time to be alive. Thanks for your time. GOD BLESS RUSSELL SEAMAN MMFA X2 "78 TO "80

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SKATING AWAY 20 years 2 months ago #15955

• bt3adams
Russell, I was on that cruise Mike adams (smada) sorry about your dash, LOL get in touch with me.

SKATING AWAY 20 years 2 months ago #15958

• Michael Gray
Russ, you hit it right on the head with your "it was a great time to be alive" remark! That coastline of New Zealand was such a beautiful sight to behold. Also that coastline of Tasmania and Australia wasn't too shabby either. But the best
part was the scenery that waited ashore for us! Even after being married for 17 yrs., I still have vivid memories of the great times ashore in those beautiful countries and the hospitality that was provided to us. I mean that Dial-A-Sailor that we had on the ship provided us all with many opportunities to make many new friends. And boy, I had my fair share! Gee, how great it was to be young and free.

Mike Gray HTC Ret.
HT3 1977-1979

SKATING AWAY 19 years 10 months ago #15979

• Jones
South-Pac 79 was my first cruise (i ended up doing around 9)...and it was by the far the best! I think the longest we spent underway as 11 days. I remember when Muhammad Ali came onboard (i had duty) that night in Sydney. Great ship, great crew.

SHCS (ret) Robert Jones
Cochrane 77-79
retired 2000

Re: SKATING AWAY 15 years 2 months ago #16472

• RTS39
WHAT I WOULD GIVE TO DO IT AGAIN!!!!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds