Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1987 North Arabian Sea deployment 23 years 3 months ago #14846

• mars21
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey Bill... I found some fun pics of you on the liberty boat in Fuket. We were returning to the ship at the time. CMC was also on the liberty boat. Fuket was a fun visit, the beach was kinda dirty. Hey I got one of my tattoos there. SHHHH Dont let the officers know.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1987 North Arabian Sea deployment 23 years 3 months ago #14861

• Marc Tuton
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
For what its worth, Thialand was one of the neatest places Ive been also, and that was in Satship, but took leave and spent christmas of 74 in Bangkok. What a beautiful city- We have a Thia exchange student living with us this past year, but sadly is leaving this weekend. She (Kwang) has been one of the sweetest exchange students weve had in the last almost 10 yrs weve done this. May yall have a great one!

Marc Tuton STG3,Uss Cochrane jan 74-sept 76- "The pearl of the Pacific" STG2 USS Glover, nov 76-nov79, "the atlantic fleet shitcan for officers!"

1987 North Arabian Sea deployment 23 years 3 months ago #14862

• wilsonle
Cochrane never had a problem maintaining the NTDS link that I know of. Even when we left the yards after about 18 months of maintenance and pier side work.

FTG1(SW)/CPT(SW) Wilson

1987 North Arabian Sea deployment 23 years 3 months ago #14879

• Marc Tuton
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Howdy there Shipmates- Kinda surprised that NTDS would still have been in use during yalls time aboard Cochrane. That was a big deal when I was aboard, and figured surely the Navy would have bought something newer, more expensive, and be able to run faster and jump higher! A great day to you and your families!

Marc Tuton STG3,Uss Cochrane jan 74-sept 76- "The pearl of the Pacific" STG2 USS Glover, nov 76-nov79, "the atlantic fleet shitcan for officers!"

Re: 1987 North Arabian Sea deployment 14 years 4 months ago #16531

• armyroy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
OK, ET1 Army here...it was 3 months in Subic, as we watched the Connie come in for liberty, then head out to the I.O.  I was supposed to be home for the birth of my last daughter, but spent it at the I.O. instead.

I also remember Phuket, everybody was passed out by 4 p.m. that first day, or at least at 10 p.m., when ever you asked "Where was ...?" the answer was "Havn't seen him since 4 p.m." So we assumed we were all passed out by 4....that's my story, and am sticking to it....

BTW, just saw and talked to HMC Simpkins (Doc) last Sat and Sun as he was in town for training...he confirmed the 4 p.m. story...I know he was passed out.......

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds