Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Possible Reunion 16 years 1 month ago #16371

• Ken Keeler
  • Ken Keeler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The Adams association is looking at putting togeather a possible all ship reunion in Jacksonville FL.
I have attached the message, if you can't go at least send money to help with this project, we still need to raise about $60K. have raised about $40K to date.

If you are nterested in attending the reunion please e-mail directly to Harold "Mat" Matroni This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Gentlemen,

My name is Harold "Mat" Matroni MMC (SW) Ret., ships rep for the USS John King DDG-3. I recently sent an email out concerning thoughts for an ALL DDG CLASS REUNION/CONVENTION to be held in JAX as a kick-off for the DDG-2 museum. (A review of ship rep addresses had 4 updated emails, so a copy of the original email is attached below.)

This email was responded to by Bill Huntman and Bert Watson, both with favorable comments and interest. Bert followed his email with a direct phone call to me, and a lenghty discussion was had about the feasability of a gathering like this. Thoughts from the original message were clarified and tossed back and forth, with the final thought that this would be a great way to show our support for the city of Jacksonville and the museum. The one question remaining is - do we have the support of the other DDG groups to make this a reality?

With that question in mind, Bert has asked me to be the contact man in finding out the interest each individual DDG group has in attending a gathering like this.

Please share this email with your crews and ask them to reply to you with a simple yea or nay. Once you have a majority response from your crew, please relay that information to me as your ships support answer with a number that would be interested in attending. When I hear from all the ships reps I will send another message letting everyone know what the general feeling is.

Thanks for you time and assistance. I look forward to hearing from all of you soon.

Regards,
Harold "Mat" Matroni
MMC (SW) Ret.
' 73 - ' 76
DDG-3 Ships Representative

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Possible Reunion 16 years 2 days ago #16374

• Marc Tuton
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Ken,
Yea.
mt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds