Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Looking for volunteers 20 years 7 months ago #15910

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Here is the latest email from Tom Crosser dated 5FEB2003. Is there anyone out there that has the desire <font color="red">AND</font id="red"> the time to take something like this on? If so, please let me know.
<hr noshade size="1">
<font color="blue">To All,
Now that we have a Name, a Mission Statement, and a Board, I want to collect the names of all the Reps from all 23 ships.

Please send me your Name, Address, Phone Number, Email Address, Name of the Adams Class Ship you are going to represent, Rank/Rate while on board an Adams Class Ship, and final Rank/Rate. For those ships having an organized Association, please send me the email address for that Association. I am requesting email addresses for both the Reps and the Associations so I can be assured of information getting to everyone.

T. Crosser
VP Adams Class DDG VETERANS ASSOCIATION
</font id="blue">

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Looking for volunteers 20 years 2 weeks ago #15970

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
To All:

I am Jack Cistriano, a plank owner from the USS Semmes DDG 18. I was recently appointed to the ACVA board and will be the Ships Rep Liaison and taking over membership from Dave over the next few weeks.

This email is to introduce myself and seek your assistance in a project that we need to expand to save the Adams. As you know the Adams, Barney and Semmes were the last 3 DDG's available for possible saving of our class ship. In June the Greek Navy back out on us getting the Semmes and our organization voted to fully support ACVA in attempting to save the Adams. NAVSEA took Barney off the hold list and that left only the Adams as a possible to preserve a ship of the DDG class. Adams is only on hold until May 2005, and we don't know if that will be extended.

Therefore it needs to be full steam ahead in our efforts to save the Adams. The ACVA Board is only 8 members or so, but there are literally thousands of former Adams class crewmen out there scattered all over the country-who could help with this effort. I'm asking the ships reps to do the following ASAP to help the ACVA board.

1. Go the this web site http:/www. bozair.com/adamsmen/DDG2. html . We would like you or your webmaster to put a notice on your web page similar to this. Since our membership is still small this would be a means of getting the word out to many DDG crewman.

2. It would be good if your association would go on record supporting ACVA's effort to save the Adams, as we of the SEMMES Association did.

3. We need your all out support in getting members of your association to join the ACVA (the bigger our membership, the better to sell the idea of saving the Adams)

I know many of your associations tried very hard to save your individual ship (including my Semmes Association), but now we are down to only Adams. We need to band together to save her or one of the finest class of ships in the US Navy will only be a memory.

So lets show the navy we DDG sailors can still get the job done and all work together to save the Adams.

I will be communicating with the Ship reps more and look forward to working with all of you

Jack
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds