Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

ALL OF COCHRANE MIGHT BE GONE??? 22 years 7 months ago #15479

• thomas mills
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you for your comments on John Linder...there are Squids in the Seas sailors and he is one of EM! As for Cochrane, I see we have Administrators who run this forum....butttt will be most happy to Champion an effort to see COCHRANE II, Renamed!!!! I am retiring soon from the Lockheed-Martin Penal Colony after 32+ years in IS&T; need to get HOME GOD WILLING to my Desert Nevada, Virginia City,
Hell YES.......have to get new E-mail address butttt it will be catmills-something-A-nother (Ain't taking on wife's cats issue at 35 years of marriage)....so Cochrane Sailor's, let get this SHIT on the Road and get us a 2nd Ship with our name..........Post it if you want my address but it changes come say MAY.....to Nevada something???
tom/QM2....
P.S. 1st thing I will do on Sunday when getting back to Nevada from
Ga-Ga is on Sunday, bet me a horse in a BOOK and have a brew I bought in a store..........AMEN!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ALL OF COCHRANE MIGHT BE GONE??? 22 years 7 months ago #15481

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I really would like to see another Cochrane. I completely ran into a brick wall. We need a novel approach that gets there attention. Let me know any ideas you have.

ALL OF COCHRANE MIGHT BE GONE??? 22 years 7 months ago #15482

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Richard it sounds like yu have some help in your quest for another COCHRANE. Because this topic has turned into mostly discussing this, I have moved it to the appropriate area. Tom, I am not sure how to take your comment <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> I see we have Administrators who run this forum....butttt <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>It's just me buddy, someone needs to be the referee...

MM2 83-85
#2 Engine Room Supervisor

ALL OF COCHRANE MIGHT BE GONE??? 22 years 7 months ago #15487

• thomas mills
Don't take my administrator comments wrong, I would only like to
see another Cochrane in any form. Guess after 32+ years of seeing the B.S. Congress pulls in getting funding for many Home Area projects, I might have a few ideas to support what "ALL" might want to do???? Without a doubt and am sure many a Aerospace Person would agree that the most expensive Jet Project to date in the History
of the United States which was to be built on the West Coast came to
Ga-ga due to Samn Nunn!!!
I for one think the approach has to be through History of the Cochrane and take on the Congress persons with Solid Line History to all that data. Gotta be a key point in all the History.....seems
it takes a History expert to Rutt it out???? WHO'S OUR EXPERT????

ALL OF COCHRANE MIGHT BE GONE??? 22 years 6 months ago #15552

• STG2 Green
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'm sure you guys know that we have 2 Cochrane CO's around who made it big. CINCPAC ADM. Dennis C. Blair and retired ADM. Robert K. U. Kihune. I know for a fact both of these guys have connections in the House and the Senate. ADM. Blair was a real political type (a pretty nice guy though) so I don't know if we could get him on the bandwagon, besides he is a pain the butt to get in touch with right now. From what I've heard though, Adm. Kihune is a real hands on kind of guy. I haven't tried to contact him yet, but I will. He is still a pretty popular guy on the "Islands" from what I hear, so who know what may come of this.....

Steve Green

ALL OF COCHRANE MIGHT BE GONE??? 22 years 5 months ago #15602

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
If you can get with either of these admirals, it would be great. I've already written to both of my senators, my very sorry representative, and the Navy Dept. The answer I get is the standard form letter answer that there are more names requested than ships being built.

I think getting Cochrane scrapped would go down so much easier if we had another ship afloat with the name.

Richard Cooper
HM3 65-67

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds