Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

REUNIONS 22 years 1 month ago #15704

• Ken Keeler
  • Ken Keeler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
To those who worked on this years aborted reunion I would like to extend a thank you. To John who took on the added work of trying to keep all of this togeather along with Paul, a special thanks my friends.

To those of you who would be interested in attending a reunion in 2003, I would appreciate your post as to where and when----soon! as obviously it takes more time and energy than we expended this year to get a reunion going.

If there are people out there who would be interested in serving on the committee, please let me know either by posting or by email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

To those of you who would like to remember the Cochrane this friday with Paul and I, Hoist a cold one after work on Friday and call one of your buddys who was aboard.

Ken Keeler QM2 63-65

Edited by - Ken Keeler on 08/15/2002 16:14:03

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

REUNIONS 22 years 1 week ago #15716

• Michael Gray
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey Ken, sorry to hear about the reunion fiasco. I may be wrong in saying this, but maybe we need to get the Cochrane association going and dues collected before thinking about a reunion. If we can get dues collected, this would give you funds to work with for a reunion. It's just a thought, but you may want to discuss it with the other officers and see what their thoughts are on the subject. And maybe their are other crewmembers who have served on other ship reunion committees that could supply some input on how to get a enjoyable reunion setup. I know that George Planic served on the U.S.S. Sperry AS-12 Association and may be able to help you with this. I'm new at this, but am willing to do whatever I can to help. Would love to see a great Cochrane reunion actually come together. Besides, I want to down a few cold ones with you older Cochrane squids, and hear some of your old sea stories!

Michael Gray HTC USN Ret.
HT3 USS Cochrane 1977-1979

REUNIONS 21 years 11 months ago #15720

• Paul Anuschat
  • Paul Anuschat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Some nominal dues not a bad idea. Say, annually, the price of a case of one's favorite brew or a quart of the distilled stuff? Of course, with the dues, some carrot must be provided. I'm fresh out of ideas here.

Would be willing to work with others if there is some broad, dedicated interest available. I think, like Michael, if we get some kind of treasury running, then we can talk about making some plans for 2003. Again, remembering to keep any plans broad-based and all-inclusive.

Better to keep things rolling slowly, but steady, than in short blasts.

Paul Anuschat (ETN2-'65-'67)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.368 seconds