Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

VetSignias 22 years 11 months ago #15225

• Ken Keeler
  • Ken Keeler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
To All, This camefrom a friend of mine and thought that I would pass it along to all of you who would like one of these stickers.
Subject:
Fw: 'Every-day' Visibility for U.S. Veterans
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 17:43:29 -0700
"Bob Kline" <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
To:
<This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>

"What a great world this would be if all our Veterans wore recognition pins and we saluted them, even when not in uniform!"
From an article by Patricia Salwei in the American Veteran Magazine.
Bob.WWII.USMC

A 'Heads-up' ....

Thought you might be interested in an undertaking we got involved with over 8 years ago. We feel fellow Veterans should be visible in
their communities. To this end, we've sent thousands of Veterans Recognition Window Stickers, called VetSignias, to Vets in every state.
We make 33 different stickers, for WWII. Korea, Vietnam, Persian Gulf, Overseas Expeditionary Campaigns, Peacetime, and services;
Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, Merchant Marine. A commercial enterprise probable couldn't do this. We're not a business,
just a small group of retired Veterans with the time, know-how, and commitment to make this wide assortment of stickers.
Anyone who sees a VetSignia will know the bearer did something good for our country - the public will quickly recognize and understand
the message. The stickers promote Patriotism and Americanism.
A nearby company put up and maintains a web-site showing the stickers. They do this as a service to Veterans.

Black & White images of the Shiny Silver Metalized Film Stickers can
be viewed at www.vetsignia.org . There is a Sticker Request
form at the site that shows costs and how to get the stickers.
Hope you'll check it out.

We are always getting nice notes from Vets who use the stickers. Comments like; "...a great idea and service to fellow Vets!! I'm
spreading the word." And, "This is a reorder. Thanks for being around."
The comment we get most goes something like: "...got a new car - need new stickers." Once a Vet has a VetSignia on his/her car, they
don't want to be without it.
A WWII/U.S. Navy Vet was requesting additional stickers and wrote; "I have Life Member DAV and 50 Yr. VFW decals on the car window
but have never had a comment about them - your sticker however - I've already had 4 guys see it and say - I was in the Navy - Where were
you? - What ship?, etc., a regular shoot the breeze about the service."
A doctor in NY put one of his VET/VIETNAM/U.S. ARMY stickers in his office door glass. He was surprised, and very pleased, with the
many nice comments made by patients. A Florida barber put a VetSignia in his shop window. It's been there over 6 years and is still a
conversation starter with old and new customers.
If you have a chance, please help to pass the word about these distinctive badges that offer proud Veterans 'every-day' visibility in their
communities.

Thanks,

Bob Kline, WWII/U.S. Marines
For the VetSignia group

Ken Keeler QM2 63-65

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

VetSignias 22 years 11 months ago #15227

• Sal Cedillo
  • Thank you received: 0
Ken,

Thanks for the info w/r/t how us Vets can proudly show our colors through these stickers. After 9-11-01 (A Day which will live in infamy and which reunited our countrymen together in reslove and solidarity)I was thinking of a way to wear our colors as a daily routine. At work we're required to were T.I. I.D.'s at all times, which made me remember that the last time I visited the VA hospital the nice lady snapped a picture of me and placed it on a very handsome back-groud of the the Stars and Stripes and the Veteran's Administration's Seal. It looks very much like a credit card, even having a magnetic strip. Its called the Veterans Universal Access Identification Card and I've placed it in an I.D. clip-on holder and now at work I wear two I.D.'s on a daily basis.

Best regards,
Sal Cedillo GMG 84-86

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds