Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Looking for Information 19 years 4 months ago #16096

• james_h1947
  • Thank you received: 0
I am looking for anyone who may have served on board around the same time at me 66-69. I have been experiencing some health problems and wondering if anyone else has also. Either leave me a message here or contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we can go into it further as to what my concerns are with this issue. Or if you have information of someone you know that may be experiencing problems that was onboard. Thank you for any information you may be able to help me and my family with because this is very important to us.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Looking for Information 19 years 4 months ago #16097

• glong
Maybe because I was just so damn young and stupid, but I never felt as well as during my tour aboard Cochrane. I was E and B Division officer and also rode Mount 51. Maybe it was the "endless" bridge watches that cleared my head?

I remember back in that era, loose pipe asbestos was pretty uncontrolled and the bubble heads used to complain about aerosole lubricants used while their subs were in overhaul.

Alot of stuff was going on in those days that affect us differently today. I have a close fried who flew C-130's dumping agent orange on Charlie. Even after a high number of missions and close contact with the chemical, he and his crews have not developed the syndrome.

Fair winds and following seas.

Re: Looking for Information 15 years 2 months ago #16461

• rooster
Are you Chubby Hayes the BM when T.E. McCOY was our chief? If  you are, I was on board and in 1st Division with you. I have been diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis and in the process of filing a claim with the VA, I've been told it might be service related.
                      Joe Kogut

Re: Looking for Information 15 years 2 months ago #16465

• Cfarmer
I went on board in Bremerton 1964 while we still had civilians on board. Made the first west pac cruise with some great guys. I am now 64, will be 65 in November.
As far as I know my lungs are in pretty good shape for what I have put them thru.
By the way I remember Mcoy-I think everyone knew him or of him (lol).
I guess I got on this site too late. I don't see many old timers. Seems like yesterday when we pulled tht cruise. Damn what a time.

Re: Looking for Information 14 years 11 months ago #16489

• PaulAnuschat
Just recently made the acquaintance of a GM or FT who served on the Robison, and was separated in '65.  He said he and two other shipmates who stood many, many ASROC watches all contracted intestinal cancer of similar description when they were in their 50's.  He didn't think it a coincidence...

Re: Looking for Information 13 years 1 month ago #16603

• flyrod
Having been an asroc gmt on the Cochrane with what I know I would urge all that stood Asroc watches to go to the following web site:w.w.w.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/occupational_environmental/index.asp            look at radiation                67-70  ROBERT FRIEND

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds