Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

My Son, AM3 Jett 16 years 3 months ago #16362

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
My son ,AM3 Jett, passed away 5-20-2008 at age 26 in a single vehicle motorcycle accident in Sparks Nevada..

Here is the story as I have put it together from numerous personal interviews. Basically he was leaving work and trying to catch up with his buddy, driving a little too fast and lost control of the bike. He slammed into a brick planter, up against a tree with full frontal impact and his bike tumbled over two unoccupied vehicles before coming to a rest. He died within moments and the shop owner held his hand until ambulance arrived 2 minutes later. He said that Jeremy probably didn't suffer much pain. No one else was hurt but it took me a day to even see him because it was a fatal accident and I had to arrange all the funeral stuff before they would release him. I have gotten my other son home from New Jersey and with Jeremy's girlfriend in tow, managed to visit his work, the scene and him.

Fair Winds and Following Seas Jeremy.
I love you and miss you Son...
Dad

[img]http://www.usscochrane.com/images/trim_2003_jettjeremy_helofun 012.jpg[/img]
<font color="blue">
The official obituary:

Jeremiah Daniel Jett, died May 20, 2008, the result of a motorcycle accident. Jeremy was a US Navy Veteran, serving on the USS John C Stennis during Operation ENDURING FREEDOM. He also served on the USS Carl Vinson. He was just getting his tattoo business started and was working with several wonderful guys at Holdens Bike Shop. Jeremy was a 2000 graduate of Fernley High School.

Surviving are his Mother, Lynda Freeman; Father, John Freeman; Brother, Nicholaus Freeman; Fiancee/Soulmate, Deanna Burch and numerous family members.
A Military service is planned for 3:00 pm, Wed May 28, 2008 at the Northern Nevada Veterans Memorial Cemetery, 14 Veterans Way in Fernley, NV. Please consider donations instead of flowers. Casual or authorized military dress attire is recommended. The weather should allow for everyone to ride their bikes to the ceremony. All of Jeremy's family and friends are welcome.
A simple reception will be held immediately after the services at the Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints, 155 HWY 95 ALT, Fernley NV.
Donations can be made to an account at Wells Fargo Bank, the Fernley Nevada branch, 775-575-7023 named for Jeremiah Daniel Jett.</font id="blue">

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Snipe.

AM3 Jett 16 years 3 months ago #16363

• Ken Keeler
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
May God give you strength and grant you peace in this trying time. Know that you all are in the hearts and minds of all your shipmates.

AM3 Jett 16 years 3 months ago #16364

• Primo
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
<font size="2">John and Lynda,

Please know that Jeremy and your family are in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.<font face="Arial"></font id="Arial"></font id="size2">

AM3 Jett 16 years 3 months ago #16365

• Paul Anuschat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
John:

I hope you and your wife and family are able to take some small comfort in the thoughts and prayers of your friends and church memebers. Please count us among them as well who consider you a Steadfast Elder in the Cochrane Family.

As a father of two sons of similar age who are frequently in Harms Way, I fear what has befallen you regularly.

My Sympathy and Respect,

Paul Anuschat

AM3 Jett 16 years 3 months ago #16366

• Marc Tuton
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Dear John and Lynda,
I am so sorry to read of your loss. Please know that yall are in the thoughts and prayers of the Tuton home in this just beyond description of upheaval time.
Limitless empathy to yall and yours, sir and mam-
marc& Ann Tuton

Re: My Son, AM3 Jett 13 years 5 months ago #16579

• DaveK
John, So sorry to hear of the loss of your son. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family!

Sincerely, Dave Kartes

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds