Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

EM2 Greg Moretto 17 years 9 months ago #16239

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
I was contacted by Greg's daughter, and was informed of his passing. You can contact Christine at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

<font color="blue">Hello,

I am Christine Moretto, daughter of Greg Moretto EM2 that served on the Cochrane. I regret to inform you that on 12 Nov 06 he passed away due to a sudden stoke and brain hemorrhage. I am currently following daddy's footsteps in the Navy and just last week learned that I was selected to advance to HM3. My dad was such a supporter of the military and loved his time at sea.
</font id="blue">

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

EM2 Greg Moretto 17 years 9 months ago #16240

• Michael Gray
  • Thank you received: 0
John,
Thanks for posting the information about Greg Moretto. I was a shipmate and friend of Greg's when we were stationed on the Cochrane together. I contacted Greg's daughter and shared some stuff that I remembered about Greg. Also told her a story about an incident that took place in Australia during our "79" SouthPac. She was very thankful for the story, because she said hearing things about him during his days on the Cochrane helped her with the grieving process.
Also she asked me to ask anybody that knew Greg, had stories about Greg or pictures of Greg from his Cochrane days to contact her. She is putting together a scrapbook of her dad, and would appreciate having anything about her dad from his days on the Cochrane. She may be contacted through the link on John's original posting of this subject. Greg was a great shipmate, and even better friend and will be dearly missed by anyone that knew him. "Fair Winds and Following Seas" Greg.

HTC Mike Gray USN Ret.
Cochrane HT3 1977-1979

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds