Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Nick Mastorides 18 years 11 months ago #16130

• stratolag
  • Thank you received: 0
I was looking for any ships that my uncle Nick Mostorides had served on when I came across your site. It was fun reading about him doing the laundry and hanging out in sick bay. The sick bay part sounds right but I just can't see him doing laundry.
I'm writing to let his ship mates know that he passed away in April 2004 in Orlando FL. I am a sailor myself and always remember my uncle's sea stories.
Thank you for your service to our country.

Resepctfully
Stratis Lagoutaris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nick Mastorides 18 years 11 months ago #16134

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Stratis:

Thank you for sharing that with us. Do you know what dates Nick served on COCHRANE or what rate he was? If so you could either post it here or, better yet, sign him up on the crew list and put "deceased" in for the email address. My condolences.

Nick Mastorides 18 years 11 months ago #16150

• wes carroll
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I'm a plank owner and remember him, so he was on the Cochrane in the early days.
About all I remember about him was that he was short, fat, and friendly. He always wore a big moushtache if my memory serves me correctly.
Sad to hear he is gone.

PS: I just checked the 66 criuse book and found Nick's photo. He's on page 77, bottom photo, second from the left in the back row.

Last edit: by wes carroll.

Nick Mastorides 18 years 11 months ago #16151

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I was a corpsman aboard when your uncle Nick was there. The sick bay is correct, but so was the laundry. He did work in the laundry. He was friends of Richard Estabrook who was the HM1 at the time, and hung out in sick bay all the time.

I am very sorry to hear about his passing.

p.s. I want you to know that I really do remember him well. He was one of those guys that really stuck out in my mind after all these years. He was a very nice guy.

Last edit: by Richard Cooper.

Re: Nick Mastorides 14 years 3 months ago #16540

• wishing star
Hello,

Nick Mastorides was my father and we miss him dearly.  His grandchildren would love to hear any stories about him.  Feel free to post ... they laughed at the ... short, fat & friendly comment. 

And yes Stratis, dad did work in laundry.  What other pictures are there of dad here?  God I miss that man. 

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds