Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Daniel T. Pedraza 23 years 6 months ago #14378

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
I did not know this individual but someone had posted him on the crew list. He was a FN and was onboard from 12/1980 until sometime in 1982. He died in 1982 also. Maybe someone here remembers him.

MM2 83-85

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Daniel T. Pedraza 23 years 6 months ago #14386

• wilsonle
  • Thank you received: 0
Actually he may even have left as an FR. He came aboard with me DEC 80 in Diego Garcia.
He died around July 82. I still have a clipping from the Honolulu paper.
Near as we can figure he was coming back to the ship from liberty, fell off the pier and hit his head on the side of the ship and drown. He had just finished a 45 day restriction to ship (Captains Mast) and was out partying.
He was carried as AWOL for 2 weeks, until a TUG nesting out the Worden CG-18 caused his body to be churned up from the bottom.
It was needless to say, not a pretty site.
I entered him in the log when I found that newspaper clipping in an old photo album, along with a picture of him on the small boat at Diego that took us to DDG-21.

CPT (SW) Wilson

Daniel T. Pedraza 23 years 6 months ago #14397

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks for clearing that up Larry. I wondered who entered him in the log.

MM2 83-85

Daniel T. Pedraza 23 years 6 months ago #14420

• Sal Cedillo

Captain Wilson,

That was a classy and admirable action you took in listing this sailor on the crew's list. It sounds like the circumstances surrounding his death cannot be unequivocally substanciated (finding a body so late after the time of death cannot yield cause of death with certainty), notwithstanding, he served aboard our fighting ship, and though he's gone with uncertaninty he should be remembered as a crew member. Thanks for allowing the Cochrane's crew to do so, through your initiative and honor...Sal

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Actually he may even have left as an FR. He came aboard with me DEC 80 in Diego Garcia.
He died around July 82. I still have a clipping from the Honolulu paper.
Near as we can figure he was coming back to the ship from liberty, fell off the pier and hit his head on the side of the ship and drown. He had just finished a 45 day restriction to ship (Captains Mast) and was out partying.
He was carried as AWOL for 2 weeks, until a TUG nesting out the Worden CG-18 caused his body to be churned up from the bottom.
It was needless to say, not a pretty site.
I entered him in the log when I found that newspaper clipping in an old photo album, along with a picture of him on the small boat at Diego that took us to DDG-21.

CPT (SW) Wilson
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Daniel T. Pedraza 23 years 6 months ago #14433

• wilsonle
Maybe we should consider adding Petty Officer Bice and the others to the crews list.

CPT (SW) Wilson

Daniel T. Pedraza 23 years 6 months ago #14435

• Sal Cedillo
Aye, Aye, Sir...sounds like a plan to me, Sir.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Maybe we should consider adding Petty Officer Bice and the others to the crews list.

CPT (SW) Wilson
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds