Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

A moment of reflection for them in Brownsville 23 years 5 months ago #14560

• Ken Keeler
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
That is one of the parts most missed!

Ken Keeler QM2 63-65

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A moment of reflection for them in Brownsville 23 years 5 months ago #14561

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Guys,
We just got back from Texas last night, and I must tell you that this was the most meaningful weekend I've had. I felt that we were there to say goodbye to a good friend. I had mentioned this to a couple of people at the time, but I felt like we were attending a funeral for a friend. Chief, your presence was missed by us too. When we all got together, it was like 30 years hadn't happened and we were still the same. Right Premo?????? lol.

A moment of reflection for them in Brownsville 23 years 5 months ago #14563

• chassny03
I am so sorry I missed this event! I hope another reunion will happen soon, although it will lack the meaning of this one I'm sure. I have mixed feelings; I'm not sure I want to see her in deterioration, my memories are of a new, exciting, ship and crew. Capt Benson came to Cochrane from BUPERS, and the word was that he had a hand in who was assigned to the initial. Nice story whether true or not, especially if you were a plankowner. Premo, Doty, Ski, Leathers...did u get to Radio Central? Was kw-7#3 still down? Do you remember when we replaced every board in it and it still wouldnt work? Emptied the whole damn Q-kit..Great memories, guys

A moment of reflection for them in Brownsville 23 years 5 months ago #14567

• doty
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Chief Charley,
I did get to the radio room and I got you a memento with radio room on it...I need your address so I can send. Yes I remember replacing everything on that kw-7...remember when we got to warmer weather it started working??QRK5..The KW-7 and myself were not meant for cold weather..Radio was pretty stripped down

Dave Doty ETR3 65-67

A.K.A. "Minnow"
(941) 693-3689

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds