Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: Da Nang Harbor Stop ICO Senate Bill 1629 Agent Orange Equity Act of 2011 12 years 5 months ago #16653

• Sanke46
  • Thank you received: 0

Was on the 69 cruise, we supplied Gunfire Support at both Chu Lai and Da Nang. We anchored in Da Nang harbor for a couple days. VA said that you need to prove you were there! They said I needed a copy of ships log showing When & Where. How do I get that info?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Da Nang Harbor Stop ICO Senate Bill 1629 Agent Orange Equity Act of 2011 12 years 4 months ago #16656

• sebastianrobert

I seem to recall the '66 stop in DaNang.  Whenever it was, it was brief.  In and Out in just a few hours.

Paul Anuschat ('65-'67)

Do you remenber what month that was when we stoped in DaNang Horder

Re: Da Nang Harbor Stop ICO Senate Bill 1629 Agent Orange Equity Act of 2011 12 years 2 months ago #16661

• J Fryckman
RS, do you have a copy of the deck log in a PDF file that you can share with everyone? We should get a copy also to The Veterans Association of Sailors of the Vietnam War folks for their records.
Jim

Re: Da Nang Harbor Stop ICO Senate Bill 1629 Agent Orange Equity Act of 2011 12 years 2 weeks ago #16664

• 2kidsutsa
attached is copy of decklog 11/22/1972
Attachments:

Last edit: by Snipe.

Re: Da Nang Harbor Stop ICO Senate Bill 1629 Agent Orange Equity Act of 2011 11 years 11 months ago #16665

• rlkilp
Guys,
Looks like this was posted a while back. I haven't been on this site for some time. Glad to come back. I forgot about it. I'll try to keep checking back every week or so. I was CPO Mess Cook when Chief Rice passed away. Enjoyed his Ukelele playing and singing. Remember that trip into Da Nang Harbor very well. Thanks to Roberto for posting the Deck Log page. I've saved it, also.
Bob Kilp former GMG3
BMC Retired

Re: Da Nang Harbor Stop ICO Senate Bill 1629 Agent Orange Equity Act of 2011 11 years 7 months ago #16680

• J Fryckman
Ramon, thanks for the copy of the deck log. Not sure if VA will take. A ship usually had to actually anchor or dock and stay for a day or more.
But thank you very much for the copy.

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds