Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

U.S SHIPS IN HONG KONG????? 22 years 5 months ago #15574

• thomas mills
  • Thank you received: 0
3-26-02 on CNN there was an interview at the Navy Department that
said China had turned down any and all ships from visiting in the
future no doubt in Hong Kong. QUESTION, Has this been the practice since China took over the Colony from the Brits??? Great shopping, and the coldest beer on a cruise.

Can't think of a West Pac with no Hong Kong, no Yolongapole, no brews
at the Midway Island Beer stand while refueling, no sextants to determine where you are....Hmmmmm, must be getting old as the kids say
and God help man or beast if on the 1968 cruise where we were out 91 days with no ports, and Ole DDG 21 was Co-ed...been some knuckles dragging on them Fairrr-Ox decks......Would ole Mac Mckoy BMC love the
"Don't ask and told tell rules now!!"
(Bet 21st century sailors just spend their time now sending
(E-mails???)

tom mills/QM2 66>>>>>>>>>>69^

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

U.S SHIPS IN HONG KONG????? 22 years 5 months ago #15579

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Tom My oldest son is on the USS JOHN C STENNIS, you know ... that big bad bird farm that keeps sending out birds to shit on Osama's boys? And yes, email is a big part of todays Navy and it aint half bad to be able to communicate quickly with the kid. I am just jelous because he is on board with a couple of THOUSAND females. Oh how the Navy has changed..........

Anyway, he was in Hong Kong the first week of December last year. It caught me by supprise also but I guess the USA gets permission from the Chinese for each and every request by a war ship that wants to pull into Hong Kong. China is just pissed at us right now because we support Taiwan and China wants to be an ass about it.

MM2 83-85
#2 Engine Room Supervisor

U.S SHIPS IN HONG KONG????? 22 years 5 months ago #15580

• thomas mills
  • Thank you received: 0
John and all...Thank you for the info on Hong Kong. We had always wanted to go back the wife and I but Clearance issues always had an
impact. In your area on the 19th of April at the Rodeway Inn for
several days looking at houses. (Downtown Reno location) Lock in
a place, get back to Ga-ga, sell house, and get out of retirement state taxes in this state. I have put all pictures and the QM log data for Cochrane in two boxes so when we unload from the Van, maybe
next to finding underwear and tools, I will now know where the hell they are.

You are so right about the Navy and this Country changing, as we watched the Carrier planes come back in yesterday. Remember kids at
college calling many a guy using his G.I. Bill for school in 1970/71
KILLERS, and spitting at us. Later when Hanoi Jane went there, I remember it came up in a night Poly-Sci Class and we were off to the races on that issue. Amazing if they try John Walker and I have wondered for 30+ years why this Country did not try Jane Fonda? I think the Country is smarter and all of us from the Viet Nam time frames are the reason.....let the Generals, General and the damn
Congress people steal. I do hope if they come up with total proof that Ole SadAMMM is making dirty weapons, we give them a bright light like we used to see at Mercury, Nevada in the early AM in the 1950's!
They are going to come at us for years, our kids, kids for years, so lets get this Shit on the road, take off the gloves, and if they need someone to push the button, my thumb still works fine!

Regards to all on this 2nd day of actual total retirement, and "ALL" write a card to a Vet in a V.A. Hospital......All the sins of the Nations Elected Officials are in those Hospital Wards.....

tom mills/QM2 66>>>>>>>>>>69^

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds