Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

#2 ENGINE ROOM INOVATIONS 22 years 8 months ago #15419

• Marc Tuton
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
9 CASES!!!!!?????? Gee, guys! I didnt realize how much I was S**Ting yellow by having just a 6-pack of Coors sent as a care package to me!Guess its all relative, 'eh? And I hope my fellow ST that knocked it all out before I had a chance to get 1 of 'em enjoyed them!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

#2 ENGINE ROOM INOVATIONS 22 years 7 months ago #15434

• steven hurt
FREEMAN I do not know if you were in the forward or aft engineroom but did you happen to notice that aft was cooler than forward? Itmay have something to do with the missing sound booth origanlly installed but somehow misplaced. One tech question do you know how long the monel wearing and casing rings held up on the evaps? And to all who may not have it right it was #2 boilerroom who used to cook their liberated chicken in lubricating oil!

#2 ENGINE ROOM INOVATIONS 22 years 7 months ago #15436

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
Steve, I was in aft engine room. Good old EM02. I always thought it was cooler aft because forward had the added hot air from the EEOW. I do not remember how the wearing rings wore but I sure remember that damn brine pump's seal. I could even now rebuild that pump in my sleep. Reed also remembers that same brine pump. The thing operated in a vacuum so when the seal would leak it would cause a loss of vacuum in the 2nd stage and prevent flashing. No more fresh water output equaled no more sleep for me until it was back online. I remember trying everything to keep it from failing, RTV in the shaft sleeve, a gasket where the shaft sleeve meets the shaft, etc.

MM2 83-85

#2 ENGINE ROOM INOVATIONS 22 years 7 months ago #15437

• steven hurt
John, ole DC should remember that the most effective and long lasting seal was a cheat with TEFLON packing. I know that at one point the pump was taken apart after two years to see what was wrong in that it was still working and it was not understood why. If you went for two years without changing the rings then I am really courious to know if those monel rings really lasted that long!You must know that the sound booth removal was one of the key reasons for the cooler space, also if you happened to wounder why that nasty headgear and mouthpiece were confiquered differently that also has a story behind it. Since DC did not mention it I am courious to know if the BRASS tube from upper level to lower level also served as multi purpose aka -lower level wake-up device?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds