Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Length of service on board 22 years 9 months ago #15349

• steven hurt
  • Thank you received: 0
It appears as quite a few men spent a considerable amount of active duty time on board, who were the longest stationed personel ,top ten slots ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Length of service on board 22 years 9 months ago #15352

• ratrat4563
  • Thank you received: 2
I can't imagine that anyone can beat Dave Melges. I picked him up at the airport when he came aboard as a FTM-3 and he was still there when I came back as a sand crab to do a CSSQT. This was better then ten years latter.

Length of service on board 22 years 9 months ago #15353

• wilsonle
I think Dave Melges holds the record. He left as an Ensign (LDO). I believe it was after we left dry dock around July 82 ish. They piped him over, when he departed in his Ensign's dress whites.

FTG1(SW)DDG-21 80-84 / FC1(SW) NRFF-1091 USS Miller 85-87
Major, 32D AAMDC

Length of service on board 22 years 9 months ago #15373

• David Melges
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
<font face='Arial'></font id='Arial'><font size=4></font id=size4>
Just to set the record straight, I reported aboard for my first tour in Cochrane on 4 January 1971 as an FTM3 assigned to WDE (CIC Weapons pit). I was transferred in March of 1975 to attend AN/SPG-51C(Digital) Fire Control Radar School. I returned to Cochrane the day before Thanksgiving 1975 as an FTM1. I left Cochrane on 2 October 1982, the day after being Commissioned an Ensign (LDO Electronics). Before my commissioning I was an FTCS(SW) serving as the Fire Control Systems Chief, Weapons Department LCPO, Fire Control Officer and Fox Division LCPO.

Length of service on board 22 years 9 months ago #15378

• steven hurt
Irregardless of the broken service MR MELGAS did indeed probably have the record for longest time onboard. I truely believe that all of us that spent over four years have at least arough idea of what it takes for the duration of time spent. A salute to you sir! Im just glad that my time was spent where and mainly with those that i did.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds