Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

National Geographic documentary 23 years 3 months ago #14837

• doty
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I watched "Deep Throat" over the week end for the 83rd time. It to is still a jerker.

Dave Doty ETR3 65-67

A.K.A. "Minnow"
(941) 693-3689

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

National Geographic documentary 23 years 3 months ago #14843

• mars21
I went to see Pearl Harbor (movie) I saw alot of ships that were not from that era. I saw a Knox class frigate when Cuba Gooding was at his gun. Aerial views showed an adams class destroyer, and a yosemite class tender. And I saw a little blooper when they showed the "japanese" fleet, I saw the rear propeller of a helicopter on a ships flight deck. Once the movie is on DVD you will be able to see all the cool aerial shots. did anyone notice that the ships were painted in the bow..Just like the DDG21 pics from brownsville. Cochrane may have been shot on film for the last time in this movie.
One more thing... Liv Tyler would of been nicer to see in this movie. She's caliente!
I give the movie **** out of 5 stars

National Geographic documentary 23 years 3 months ago #14849

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I noticed what I thought looked like a DDG when he was at the gun. I thought at the time that I wondered if there are anymore DDG's around for the movie. I also noticed the painted bows. I noticed ships with the hurricane bows like we had, and I really don't think any WW2 ships had those. I didn't notice the propeller in the shot, and it will be great when it comes out on rental to catch it. Like Jim said, I noticed a ship with the bow number of 1069 or something near-enough to that number and knew that they really didn't number that high in 1941.

I teach history, and have always been into history. When I was 18 and on Cochrane, I noticed the history all around us. I am very glad now that I did. Has anyone seen the bomb in the center of Ford Island dispensary. It dropped in the center of a once solid building, and failed to go off. The navy decided to build the walls around the bomb once it was disarmed, and turn it into a garden. Also, many of those white "stucco" type navy office buildings had spackled bullet holes in the outside walls. The streets right outside the PX and the movie theater were used as morgues immediately after the attack. This is a period of time that I have always been really interested in.

National Geographic documentary 23 years 3 months ago #14851

• wes carroll
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
As young and carefree as I was back then I was always aware of the historical importance of Pearl Harbor. I know the movies that have been made are motivated by money but they also are a important reminder. Many younger people may only really understand the impact through movies. If I remember correctly through the age clouded memories, what I learned in the classroom was rather boring.

Wes

National Geographic documentary 23 years 3 months ago #14852

• mars21
On "Encore" (cable) On the Set.. had themaking of the movie Pearl Harbor. They explain how everything was put together...
They used the experiences of veterans from PH to assist in the making of the movie. very interesting.

National Geographic documentary 23 years 3 months ago #14855

• mars21
The ships that were recognizable in the movie Pearl Harbor were: FF 1062 USS Whipple, AD42 USS Acadia, DD 986 USS Harry W. Hill. There were Adams class ships tied up together with spruance class ships, but I was not able to get a good look. On the making of the movie The producer actually went down and saw the USS Arizona. They showed the Barrels of the big guns covered in barnacles. And an awsome aerial of the memorial with the ship underneath. They showed a ceremony at the memorial with all the cast and crew of the movie. It looked very emotional.

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds