Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

best chow in the 7th fleet 23 years 4 months ago #14674

• schlog
  • Thank you received: 0
i haven't seen anything on here about the good chow we had while i was aboard . seems we won two awards for good groceries . also , we had one hell of a baker . i am not sure of his name but "Blaisdell" seems to come to mind . i remember he made a life sized cake in the shape of a turkey . i was aboard from pre-comission till 01/67 and never heard to many complaints about the chow .

Edited by - John Freeman on 05/05/2001 08:58:51

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

best chow in the 7th fleet 23 years 4 months ago #14675

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Actually, the chow was pretty good. I also remember the name of Blaisdell, but I'd have to look at the cruisebook to see who he was. If my memory serves me, he was a skinny kid (so was I at the time) with a very, very Southern accent.

best chow in the 7th fleet 23 years 4 months ago #14676

• schlog
the only time i remember the chow wasn't so good was when we were in that TYPHOON chasing those crazy Russian ships . even our cooks were sick . it was so damn rough tho that i guess they couldn't cook any how . we lived on soup and crackers for quite awhile .

best chow in the 7th fleet 23 years 4 months ago #14677

• chassny03
The only time i remember complaints were when, for a while, we had to change to uniform of the day for evening meal. Snipes coming out of the hole weren t exempt, it only lasted for a while, tho...Blaisdell went to some fancy baking school i remember, and he made ice sculpures...cant remember the chief s name, he left just before Bogstad was advanced..very particular, he was. Not Bogstad, the other chief.

best chow in the 7th fleet 23 years 4 months ago #14678

• schlog
He went to a fancy baking school in France . I remember he had several photo albums full of pictures of the creations he had baked . Speaking of the chow , I always thought the cooks did a good job on the hamburger "SOS"

best chow in the 7th fleet 23 years 4 months ago #14679

• schlog
Remember the work parties loading those 60# boxes of steaks and having steaks cooked to order every friday at supper ? Those of you that came aboard later , did they still carry on that tradition ?

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds