Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Too much chlorine in the water. 23 years 7 months ago #14053

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Does anyone happen to remember when we put too much chlorine in the water tanks, and for quite a while it tasted like we were all drinking a swimming pool. Even the coke machine gave us chlorine flavored cokes. This happened in either 65 or 66.

Edited by - Richard Cooper on 02/11/2001 15:35:06

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Too much chlorine in the water. 23 years 7 months ago #14055

• dcreed
I remember that, Richard. It was 1966. Since the snipes made the water, we took a ribbing over it, although the corpsmen were responsible for the chlorination. Do I correctly remember that a corpsman named Cooper had something to do with it?

Edited by - dcreed on 02/11/2001 16:10:53

Too much chlorine in the water. 23 years 7 months ago #14058

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Ok, I have to admit that I had something to do with that one. I do want to say though, that there is a lot more to that story than me messing up the water. Trust me, if I had messed up the water that badly, I never would have mentioned it here. I'll tell you all about it sometime.

Too much chlorine in the water. 23 years 7 months ago #14060

• Snipe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1
God you guys crack me up. Richard now the cat is out of the bag, you have to tell more. Maybe the Navy had second thoughts about corpsmen handeling dangerous chemicals. When I was in the snipes were the ones to treat the water. We used bromide cartridges that were in the fresh water lines right after the evaps. Hmmm could this be the reason for the snipes taking over? Just a thought.

Too much chlorine in the water. 23 years 7 months ago #14061

• Primo
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Must have been 66, as I had to drink Cooper's water too. Boy, the cokes were terrible....the worst thing is that there was no where to go for good water. Chlorinated potatoes were terrible...
As I remember, engineering gave Cooper full credit. Come on Coop, everyone knows you did it...and as I recall, MORE THAN ONCE!

PREMO - ETR2 - JUL 66 to JAN 69

Too much chlorine in the water. 23 years 7 months ago #14063

• Richard Cooper
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Ok, guys. Enough of that!!! There really is a story about this incident. Don't tell me that for 35 years you guys have been blaming me!! To tell you the truth, I don't blame you because it really was bad,and I can still taste it today. I have not wanted to swim in a pool since. The truth is, (we know that this may or may not be true) that I wasn't reponsible for it. I would rather tell you guys in person if I can get to Brownsville whose fault that really was. Either way, we won't let the truth get in the way of a good story that we've convinced ourselves of for 35 year.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds